Chemistry at South Dakota State University falls into the thematic focus areas of environmental chemistry, green chemistry, chemical sensor development, organic synthesis, materials chemistry, natural products chemistry, and chemical education, all supported by the traditional subdisciplines of chemistry – analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry, as well as teaching and learning of chemistry.
Currently active research projects in the Department focus on advanced chemical analysis, drug discovery, development of photoactive materials including polymers, green chemistry, chemistry of climate change, photophysical chemistry, computational chemistry, and impact of visualization and simulation on chemistry learning.
- Technical staff/chemists (analytical, quality control and regulatory compliance, research and development) in the chemical, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or oil industries
- Scientists in governmental and non-profit organizations focused on the environment
- Consultant in a R&D, architecture, engineering, or environmental firm
- College faculty or teacher at the high-school level
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical Communication Skills
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Principles of Biochemistry
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- 60 Credit Plan
- 90 Credit Plan
DisciplinesChemistry Natural Sciences Biochemistry View 109 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 648 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 648 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 337 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.