The department’s graduate faculty conduct active research in these areas using modern research facilities and equipment.
This Electrical Engineering program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Are proficient in chemistry, physics, and math
- Want to conduct research in the field
- Like to solve complex problems
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Design engineer
- Project engineer
- Engineering specialist
- Chief engineer
- Quality control engineer
- Hardware engineer
- Development engineer
- Reliability engineer
- Systems design engineer
- Research scientist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The EE graduate program objectives are to equip individuals to
- Discover and disseminate knowledge relevant to the discipline of electrical engineering.
- Provide leadership for increasingly complex roles in electrical engineering and industry.
- Contribute to the advancement of the science of electrical engineering serving regional and national needs.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
or 90 Credit Plan
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 29 other PhDs in Electrical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
National39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
In-State20400 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.