The research and teaching emphasize public health nutrition, molecular and biochemical nutrition, epidemiology, obesity prevention and behavior nutrition, cardiovascular physiology, biomechanics, sport and exercise physiology.
This Nutrition and Exercise Sciences course at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate or master's degree in exercise science, nutritional science, or related field
- Want to broaden knowledge to improve health
- Enjoy working with people
- Want to conduct research in the field
- Are strong in the human sciences
- Private Industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Statistics
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Research Regulations Compliance
- Seminar (COM)
- Dissertation (COM)
- Macronutrients in Human Nutrition
- Vitamins and Minerals in Human Nutrition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Sports Sciences View 18 other PhDs in Food Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
National39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
In-State20400 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.