Academic career opportunities also exist for Ph.D. graduates in all the Departmental disciplines, preparing students for the responsibilities of teaching, research, and service, required for faculty positions with universities and colleges.
By building on the educational foundation that students obtain from B.S. and M.S. degree work, we endeavor to raise them to a higher intellectual plateau. While coursework is involved, this educational experience is primarily based on research and mentoring.
This Ph.D. degree program in Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences at South Dakota State University requires original thought and research contributions, synthesis and development of information, and contributions to the world and its natural resources.
- State and Federal Wildlife or Fisheries Biologist
- Hatchery Manager
- Natural Resource Consultant
- Park Naturalist
- Research Scientist
- Academic Professor and Researcher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Regulations Compliance
- Natural Resource Management Biometry
- Quantitative Fisheries Science
- Dissertation - PhD (COM)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
you can also choose the 90 credit plan
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Natural Sciences Aquaculture & Fisheries View 10 other PhDs in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 648 USD per credit during 36 months.
National648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 648 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 337 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.