About the program
The Molecular and Cell Biology and Genetics program of Drexel University provides a broad education-training program for graduate students interested in biomedical problems that cross disciplinary boundaries and offers the opportunity for students to choose from approximately 70 faculty in 10 different departments/centers to pursue their research interests.
This program offers both MS and PhD degrees and focuses on the study of the structure, function and makeup of biologically important molecules within the context of the living cells. Our curriculum and research activities are tailored to students’ needs and interests.
Our faculty are at the forefront of new advances in the biomedical sciences and new developments in techniques for understanding the genetic and molecular basis of developmental pathways and disease states such as cancer, aging, AIDS, malaria and neurological disorders.
- Water as a biological solvent
- Acid-base chemistry (pH, pK, Henderson-Hasselbalch equation)
- Equilibrium (Gibbs free energy, coupled reactions, K)
- Kinetics (activation energy, catalysts)
- Amino acid structure, classifications, abbreviations
- Acid-base properties of amino acids
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 86 other PhDs in Genetics in United States
- Graduate Admission Application
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to Drexel from all the colleges/universities that you have attended.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Essay/Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Math Science GPA Calculation Form
International13232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13232 USD per year during 60 months.
National13232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13232 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.