As a graduate student at the Chemistry program of Emory University, you have the opportunity to tailor your experience to your own interests. At the same time, our carefully designed program scaffold ensures you have the knowledge and support that you need to succeed on the path to the PhD and beyond.
Interdisciplinary work is a cornerstone of research at Emory. Read about the collaborative search for cleaner, faster, cheaper catalysts at the NSF Center for Selective C-H Functionalization.
Exploring the Quantum World
Interested in how chemistry is like a game of Angry Birds? Watch the video to learn how the Evangelista Group is harnessing the power of quantum computing.
Our proximity to the medical school and the CDC helps us to lead in drug discovery.
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Molecular Quantum Mechanics
- Physical Methods in Experimental Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Kinetics & Modeling
- BioMolecular Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application.
- The application fee is $75.
- Transcripts: unofficial is fine for review purposes.
- Email addresses for recommenders: we require 3 and allow up to 4.
- Statement of Purpose: recommended 1-3 pages.
- Diversity Statement: optional, but recommended.
- Research Experience and Interests: you will be asked to list up to five research experiences in addition to any research discussion in your statement.
- TOEFL or IELTS required of applicants who have not studied for at least one year in an English-speaking country.
- Optional: Video and Statement of Future Research Interests
International43800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 USD per semester during 60 months.
National43800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.