The Ph.D. Chemical Engineering degree from Kansas State University requires 90 credit hours.
This is divided among major course work, minor subjects, and research work. Students enrolled in 12 hours per semester during the regular semesters and 3 hours during the summer term would achieve this total in just over 3 years.
A diversified and flexible choice of minor subjects and a good selection of research topics are available. Qualified students may bypass the master’s degree and work directly toward the Ph.D. degree.
Requirements specific to the Department of Chemical Engineering (please see below) are as follows:
- Satisfactory completion of specified coursework.
- Satisfactory performance in a qualifying examination covering the field of Chemical Engineering.
- Submission of a written thesis proposal and satisfactory oral defense of this proposal.
- Submission of an acceptable dissertation, and satisfactory oral defense of this dissertation.
- Presentation of research results at a departmental seminar.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Chemical Engineering Analysis
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Graduate Seminar in Chemical Engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 29 other PhDs in Chemical Engineering in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree. Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.