All Electrical and Computer Engineering students at Kansas State University are expected to be familiar with the latest version of the graduate handbook. It covers general requirements, the supervisory committee for the program of study, course requirements, probation and dismissal, residence requirements, thesis and reports, and final examination.
All on-campus graduate students are required to attend the departmental graduate seminar and will be required to give a seminar presentation on their research.
Graduate Committee/Program of Study
Before the end of the second semester of graduate study, the student will choose a major adviser, and then in conjunction with the major adviser, select a graduate committee and develop a tentative plan of study for a graduate program in the ECE department. The program of study must be completed and forwarded to the Graduate School by the end of the second semester of enrollment.
Programme StructureThe doctoral Program of Study normally requires the following:
- A minimum of 30 hours of doctoral research credit
- A minimum of 15 hours graded coursework at the 800 level or above
- No 500-level courses in electrical and computer engineering may be taken for credit.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 157 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree. Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.