Such students may wish to demonstrate proficiency in entomology, making them more suitable for certain jobs. In order to strengthen their educational programs and the quality of graduate education without detracting from their existing graduate degree programs, an entomology certificate program has been developed. Entomology program is offered at Kansas State University.
- The educational objectives of the entomology certificate program are:
- To prepare graduates for careers related to entomology or plant protection/pest management
- To encourage interdisciplinary educational experiences in entomology
- To enhance the educational experiences of participating graduate students
The course requirements for the certificate program in entomology are as follows:
- At the master's and Ph.D. level, 12 credit hours are required PLUS one credit of Entomology Seminar.
- The list of courses can include Advanced Topics in Insect Biochemistry.
- The certificate program will require a focused and thematic program of study in the various sub-disciplines of entomology, which would complement the student’s interests and area of expertise, thus, helping develop additional skills.
- The student’s transcript will reflect that (s)he has completed requirements for the Entomology Graduate Certificate. In lieu of a course based on classroom work, a student may register for or Research in Entomology, and undertake a research project or register for Special Topics, and undertake specialized, independent study.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 181 other PhDs in Biology in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree. Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.