The Life Span Human Development doctoral program at Kansas State University is concerned with the development of individuals across the life cycle, the varying contexts of human development, and the processes underlying development.
This specialization provides students with a strong, substantive foundation, in theory, research, and research techniques in human development. Emphasis is placed on continuous and systematic changes in the development of individuals as they interact with their physical and social environments.
Personal and environmental factors which enhance, support, or impede human development are examined. This multidisciplinary program encompasses theory and research in infant, child, and adolescent development; adult development and aging; family studies; and thanatology.
All students plan a program of study with their major professor and graduate committee to fit their individualized career goals. Developmental periods or processes may be emphasized in individual programs of study.
- Child Development
- Theories of Human Development
- Transition to Adulthood
- Adult Development and Aging
- Family Studies
- Family Theories
- Human Development Seminar
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Sociology View 46 other PhDs in Sociology in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree. Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.