- Yale SOM's specialization in Accounting is designed to develop strong theoretical and empirical skills. There is a heavy emphasis on original research to form a base for sustained scholarship. Co-authored research, with both faculty and fellow PhD students, is encouraged and supported.
- Yale University’s accounting program is small (matriculating 1-2 students each year), and involves informal and spontaneous frequent interactions with faculty. The program maintains a 1:1 faculty-to-student ratio. Students interact with emerging research in a host of ways, from conferences held on campus to weekly seminars where faculty and fellow PhD students present and discuss their work.
- Candidates tend to pursue a broad range of research interests, helped by courses in accounting as well as in various areas of management, Department of Economics, Yale Law School, and other parts of the University. They develop fruitful relationships with other Ph.d. students, especially from the Finance PhD program.
- Seminar in Accounting I
- Seminar in Accounting II
- Seminar in Accounting III
- Seminar in Accounting IV
- Empirical Workshop in Accounting & Financial Economics
- Financial Economics I
- A seminar in Marketing or a second seminar in Financial Economics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications are considered only once per year, and all new students begin their doctoral studies in the fall term.
- Classes are not offered on evenings or weekends, nor is it possible to be a student in the program while holding a full-time job.
- Applicants are required to take either the GRE or GMAT test.
International99250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 198500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National99250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 198500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.