- Financial economics encompasses a broad area of topics and issues, including corporate investments and financing policy, security valuation, portfolio management, the behavior of prices in speculative markets, financial institutions, and intermediation.
- The Finance program at the Yale University offers two courses specifically in financial theory and its applications. In addition, the faculty and doctoral students attend a seminar that features speakers from around the country. However, the specialization is built primarily around individual study and research under the guidance of the faculty.
Examples of potential areas of research for the financial economics dissertation:
- Principal-agent relationships
- Financial intermediation
- Efficiency of markets
- Portfolio selection
- Financial Economics I
- Financial Economics II
- Corporate Finance & Market Microstructure
- Empirical Workshop in Accounting & Financial Economics
- Topics in Empirical Asset Pricing
- Stochastic Processes
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications are considered only once per year, and all new students begin their doctoral studies in the fall term.
- Classes are not offered on evenings or weekends, nor is it possible to be a student in the program while holding a full-time job.
- Applicants are required to take either the GRE or GMAT test.
International99250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 198500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National99250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 198500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- All students admitted to the program are given full financial aid for five years as long as they continue to satisfy the program's academic requirements. The aid consists of a tuition waiver and a stipend that is comparable to stipends offered by other leading Schools of Management.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.