It can be restorative after a major injury, habilitative for those who are developmentally delayed, and preventative for those experiencing a decline in ability.
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is a graduate-level program designed to provide a comprehensive program of excellence to prepare direct-access ready physical therapists to meet the needs of North Carolina in a manner consistent with high professional values.
- The faculty of the UNC Division of Physical Therapy are committed to developing graduates who are effective communicators, critical thinkers, and skilled at integrating evidence into practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coursework is completed over three years beginning with basic sciences and progressing to clinical sciences and clinical rotations. Students should expect to be in the classroom between 25 and 35 hours per week during the didactic work throughout the first two years of the program. Clinical rotations require 40 hours per week of clinical contact time.
- During the final year of the program, courses are taught through a combination of in-class and online formats. Students should continue to expect to participate in class-related activities on a full-time basis. The curriculum overview provides an outline of the timing of various courses. For a brief description of individual courses, consult the course descriptions.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
All of your application materials need to be received by PTCAS by September 15, 2021 (tentative), at 11:59 pm.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Four-year degree or a senior on track to graduate from an accredited university or college with a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours. P/F grades will be omitted from GPA calculations.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation must be submitted. It is recommended that one be a physical therapist but not required.
- PTCAS will process your application and forward it to us – it is your responsibility to make sure that everything has been supplied to PTCAS. It is recommended that you continually check your PTCAS application until YOU are certain all materials have been completed or received.
- The GRE is not required. This is different from preivous admissions cycles.
- Observation hours are recommended not required. We recommend 100 hours in at least 3 different settings.
International1771 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1771 USD per credit during 36 months.
National1771 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1771 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State902 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 902 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.