As a PhD Chemical Sciences student at the Weizmann Institute, you will be joining a highly diverse community of intelligent and committed scientists from many countries, working directly with research groups at the forefront of their fields internationally.
The Institute’s exceptional staff and facilities provide a powerful foundation for your professional future, whether you aim to join the next generation of academic researchers and teachers, or to build a successful career in other fields.
Every PhD student must belong to a research group. The Head of that research group is appointed as your advisor. It is possible to appoint two advisors. Switching to another research group requires approval by the Board of Studies and the Dean of Feinberg Graduate School.
As a PhD student in the Chemical Sciences, you are required to accumulate the following credit points:
In the regular PhD Track: 12 credit points by the Final Report (6 of them by the Interim Report) In the direct PhD Track:
30 credit points by the Final Report including the MSc credit points.
Over 55 Years of Academic Excellence: The Feinberg Graduate School of the Weizmann Institute of Science awards MSc and PhD degrees and trains its students for senior positions in academia, research, and industry. All students are directly involved in the research conducted at the Institute, and receive full-scholarships so they can devote their time to research and study.
- A theoretical and practical introduction to scanning probe microscopy (SPM)
- Advanced Topics in the Long-Timescale Evolution of Earth Systems
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Fluid Dynamics
- Bioorganic Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics and Dynamics
- Chemistry of Elements
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- As a student at the Feinberg Graduate School’s MSc program, you’ll be exposed to both the best of science and the best of education.
- Students at the Feinberg Graduate School are involved in the research conducted at the Institute, working directly with research groups at the forefront of their fields internationally.
- The Feinberg Graduate School charges no tuition and provides all MSc students with full scholarships that enable them to completely devote their time to scientific research and study.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 54 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 54 months.
All students at the Feinberg Graduate School are exempted from paying tuition fees.
Living costs for Tel Aviv Yaffo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.