As a PhD student, you’ll have the support of our academics and industry professionals throughout your studies to ensure your research is relevant and insightful. You'll also complete a research degree skills audit to help you and your supervisors identify the coursework and training that will support your research and career goals.
To complete your Philosophy (PhD) from Queensland University of Technology, you would typically be expected to:
- conduct a literature review
- develop and refine your research problem
- present your research theory at a confirmation seminar
- complete a research program which tests your theory
- prepare a final thesis or dissertation of your findings.
Programme StructureResearch areas:
- Creative industries
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics General Studies & Classics Literature
To qualify for entry to a PhD, you usually need to have achieved one of the following:
- successfully completed a research masters degree
- succesfully completed a masters by coursework degree or professional doctorate, with at least 25% research
- graduated from an honours degree with a First Class or 2A Honours.
International30300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30300 AUD per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 36 months.
- There are normally no fees for PhD students who are Australian or New Zealand citizens, or permanent residents of Australia.
- Int: $30,300 - $36,800 per year
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.