Highlights of the Doctor of Philosophy (Hosted by Creative Industries Faculty) at Queensland University of Technology
- Pursue supervised applied research on an approved creative industries-related topic.
- Develop expertise within Faculty research strength areas: Digital Media, Communication and Culture; Innovation in the Performing and Digital Arts; or Sustainability and Innovation in Design.
- Competitive scholarships available.
- Study full-time as either an internal or external student.
- Work with the Creative Industries Faculty, a leader in language, communication and cultural research.
- Creative Industries Faculty is a national leader in supporting the advancement of practice-led research.
With QUT's real-world approach, QUT Creative Industries researchers develop expertise in a wide range of innovative research methodologies and make a significant contribution to new knowledge in their field. Our graduates are building prominent and successful careers around the world as architects, renowned designers, global artists, creative leaders, communicators and cultural experts – in academia, government, community and industry settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Information Retrieval Skills
- Time based Thesis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 36 other PhDs in Philosophy & Ethics in Australia
You must have either:
- a completed recognised relevant honours degree or equivalent
- a completed recognised masters degree or professional doctorate (by research or coursework)
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) score of 5.0 on QUT's 7 point scale; and
- present evidence of research experience and potential for approval
Masters and professional doctorate degrees by coursework must have a significant research component, normally not less than 25%. Holders of masters and professional doctorate by coursework must:
Admission to the Doctor of Philosophy depends on an applicant’s demonstrated research aptitude and the availability of supervision etc.
International30300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30300 AUD per year during 48 months.
National26800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26800 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Internationals: $30,300 - $36,800
- Nationals: $26,800 - $33,300 per year full-time if you exceed the maximum time under RTP
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.