A PhD candidate’s research must reveal high critical ability and powers of imagination and synthesis and may be demonstrated in the form of new knowledge or significant and original adaptation, application and interpretation of existing knowledge. This world-class program provides a basis for critical inquiry and welcomes collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects.
Research students in the Faculty of Education are supported by a variety of services, including training and development, financial support to attend conferences, and opportunities to gain exposure for research findings through the QUT Digital Repository.
Highlights of Doctor of Philosophy (Hosted By Faculty of Education) course at Queensland University of Technology
- Make an original and substantial contribution to knowledge in a specific field of learning.
- Enhance your professional practice by focusing on your professional development.
- Be supported by accredited supervisors, many of whom are world-renowned academics.
- Complete a research proposal, develop a full course of study and present the research findings after completion of the thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Information Retrieval Skills
- Time based Thesis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 36 other PhDs in Philosophy & Ethics in Australia
You must have either:
- a completed recognised relevant honours degree or equivalent
- a completed recognised masters degree or professional doctorate (by research or coursework)
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) score of 5.0 on QUT's 7 point scale; and
Masters and professional doctorate degrees by coursework must have a significant research component, normally not less than 25%. Holders of masters and professional doctorate by coursework must:
- present evidence of research experience and potential for approval
International30300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30300 AUD per year during 48 months.
National26800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26800 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Internationals: $30,300 - $36,800
- Nationals: $26,800 - $33,300 per year full-time if you exceed the maximum time under RTP
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.