What to expect from the Doctor of Philosophy (Hosted by Faculty of Law) at Queensland University of Technology
Whatever your area of interest, undertaking your PhD at QUT Law means you can have access to leaders in the field of justice, health law, technology and environment. It's your opportunity to be guided by experts who are immersed in vibrant research that makes a real world difference.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Information Retrieval Skills
- Time based Thesis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Legal Studies View 8 other PhDs in Legal Studies in Australia
You must have either:
- a completed recognised relevant honours degree or equivalent
- a completed recognised masters degree or professional doctorate (by research or coursework)
Masters and professional doctorate degrees by coursework must have a significant research component, normally not less than 25%. Holders of masters and professional doctorate by coursework must:
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) score of 5.0 on QUT's 7 point scale; and
- present evidence of research experience and potential for approval
International36800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36800 AUD per year during 48 months.
National26800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26800 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Internationals: $30,300 - $36,800
- Nationals: $26,800 - $33,300 per year full-time if you exceed the maximum time under RTP
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.