With supportive supervisors who are leaders in their field, you can become part of an elite team of driven researchers.
With great scholarships on offer, you can enjoy in-house workshops, seminars and be encouraged to publish as part of a strong and flourishing research culture. There's also funding for conferences so you can share your work and network as you go.
What to expect from the Doctor of Philosophy (Hosted by Faculty of Law) at Queensland University of Technology
It's your opportunity to be guided by experts who are immersed in vibrant research that makes a real world difference. There's also more detailed information about scholarships and student support at the university's PhDs and research degrees page.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Information Retrieval Skills
- Time based Thesis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Legal Studies View 14 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Australia
You must have either:
- a completed recognised relevant honours degree or equivalent
- a completed recognised masters degree or professional doctorate (by research or coursework)
Masters and professional doctorate degrees by coursework must have a significant research component, normally not less than 25%. Holders of masters and professional doctorate by coursework must:
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) score of 5.0 on QUT's 7 point scale; and
- present evidence of research experience and potential for approval
International36800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36800 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National26800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26800 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
- Internationals: $30,300 - $36,800
- Nationals: $26,800 - $33,300 per year full-time if you exceed the maximum time under RTP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.