We offer a phd degree in Marine Estuarine Environmental Sciences at University of Maryland Eastern Shore. There is a clear need for scientists with training in this area, given the multitude of environmental problems faced by society today.
- The interests of students in the program are diverse, but generally center on some aspect of the interaction between biological and physical or chemical systems.
- The analysis of this interaction may be anything from a study of molecular mechanisms to an assessment of the economics of an environmental impact. To ensure that all students in the program have some understanding of the breadth of information in the field of environmental sciences, each student is required to have course work in a variety of areas.
- The interests of faculty and students within the MEES Program have led to six formally defined Areas of Specialization (AOSs), from which a student may choose.
- The AOSs are: Ecology, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Fisheries Science, and Oceanography. Each student will choose an AOS when applying, and both admission and program requirements will depend on the AOS and the student's background and interests.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 31 other PhDs in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete Application form online
- Original Transcripts evaluated by WES (World Evaluation Services)
- Passing GRE (Graduate Record Examination) Scores: Minimum 50th percentile of all test takers.
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Letters of Recommendation preferably from professors and/or supervisors
- Certificate of Finance of at least 30,000 (Required ONLY for international applicant).
- Passing TOEFL or IELTS scores (For applicants whose first language is not English)
- Application Fee of $50 for Master’s degree and $50 for doctoral.
Living costs for Maryland City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.