Biomedical Sciences from University of California, San Francisco curriculum results in a new generation of interdisciplinary biomedical scientists who are able to forge collaborations that break down traditional research boundaries.
Students at Biomedical Sciences from University of California, San Francisco will:
- acquire a level of competence in molecular biology, genetics, and cell biology comparable to that expected of students in traditional programs focused in these areas.
- get a rigorous and molecular study of core developmental, physiological, and pathological features of human biology and disease.
- Cancer Biology and Cell Signalling
- Human Genetics
- Vascular and Cardiac Biology
- Cell Biology
- Investigating Human Biology and Disease
- 66 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics Genetics View 45 other PhDs in Biomedicine in United States
- To be eligible for admission, you must have at least a 3.0 (B) grade point average.
- Upon completion of the application and receipt of the non-refundable application fee ($120 for US citizens and permanent residents, and $140 for international applicants), or – alternatively – once your request for an application fee waiver has been approved (US citizens and permanent residents only), an admission file is established by the Graduate Division.
- Application Essay(s): You will be asked to write a statement of purpose (why you want to come to UCSF to do science, etc.) and research summaries describing your past research experiences.
- Letters of recommendation
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 66 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 66 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.