About the Programme
The general aim of the Textile and Paper Engineering programme of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia is to develop a UPC doctoral programme in the field of textile and paper engineering to prepare doctoral degree holders who complete the programme to carry out and lead research projects.
The specific objectives are:
- To develop deep knowledge of the sources of data and scientific and technical information.
- To gain a command of advanced technologies in the fields of textile and paper.
- To gain a command of advanced methods for obtaining new textile or paper processes/products.
- To have the required scientific and technological criteria to propose, implement and direct a basic or applied research project in the areas of textile and/or paper.
The cross-disciplinary objectives are:
- To gain the ability to synthesise information, critical reasoning, initiative and creativity.
- To have good knowledge of the English language and the ability to express yourself orally and in writing.
- To have the ability to work in a team.
- To develop social and environmental responsibility.
- Paper Engineering
- Environmental Engeering
- Polymeric Materials and Textile Chemistry
- Surfaces, Products and Textile Processes
- Textil Technology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The most suitable prior learning to enter the doctoral programme in Textile and Paper Engineering will correspond, in the near future, to graduates with scientific and technological backgrounds who have taken the master’s degree in Textile Design and Technology, the master’s degree in Paper and Graphics Technology, the master’s degree in Textile, Paper and Graphics Engineering, the master’s degree in Fibrous Material Technology Engineering (specialisations in Textile Engineering or Paper and Graphics Engineering) or a related master’s degree in the scientific area of the programme.
- In addition to this academic background, certain personal characteristics will be considered important, such as interest in the research projects that are developed in the programme, critical and analytical capacity, taking initiative, perseverance and persistence in work, and the capacity to work in a team and communicate well in spoken and written form.
International667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.