Erasmus Mundus in Information Technologies for Business Intelligence (It4bi - Dc) from Polytechnic University of Catalonia is designed to develop research excellence in this broad scope of fields. Its main objective is to train computer scientists who understand and help develop the strategies of modern enterprise decision makers. IT4BI-DC is a continuation of the EMMC “Information Technologies for Business Intelligence” (IT4BI).
It will prepare the graduates both for a BI research career and, equally important, for a BI career in the ICT or services industry, or in public services. This is achieved through a strong interdisciplinary combination of excellent researchers from full partners and leading associated partners from industry, academia, and public institutions.
- Research-specific courses
- Innovation and entrepreneurship courses
- Methodological and communication courses
- Language courses
- Knowledge dissemination through mandatory conference presentations and journal publication, allowing candidates to present and confront their findings, thereby familiarising themselves with essential practices such as peer-review and public debating.
- External cooperation, ensuring that the candidate participate actively in another research environment outside his/her home and host universities.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Self-funded candidates may apply all year long
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems Software Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Cover letter (stating your interest, your possibilities in the Doctorate, and anything you consider relevant to know for the Selection Committee)
- Photo (passport size)
- Bachelor and master certificates (adding at least 300 ECTS)
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of contracts
- Students have been awarded the equivalent of 300 ECTS of studies with a major in computer science, from an accredited university. At least, 60 of those ECTS must correspond to a Master's degree.
- Students must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test equivalent to level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). These tests include, e.g., Cambridge English First A, IELTS (academic) 7.0, TOEFL (paper based) 637, TOEFL (computer based) 270, TOEFL (Internet based) 95, etc.
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 EUR per year during 36 months.
National7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.