Students in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology program from Oregon Health & Science University will obtain theoretical and practical understanding of both how and why biophysical principles dictate observed biological phenomena, at the molecular level.
- Research training encompass a wide range of topics relevant to human disease, including structural and mechanistic aspects of membrane proteins, metal binding proteins, enzymes, DNA and RNA.
- Methods used include classical approaches of biochemical purification and analysis, cutting edge structural methods (X‐ray and single particle EM), spectroscopic methods (fluorescence and EPR) and computational methodologies.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Structure and Function of Biological Molecules
- Molecular Biophysics and Experimental Bioinformatics
- Chemical Physiology and Biochemistry
- Combined Basic Sciences
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesChemistry Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 109 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Living costs for Oregon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Graduate Students enrolled full time and in good academic standing receive a monthly stipend, health insurance, access to the March Wellness Center and tuition & fees are paid. The 2015 annual stipend range currently is $27,000-$28,500.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.