Bioengineering from University of California, San Francisco offers students unparalleled opportunities to do basic and applied bioengineering research in a wide variety of related fields, reflecting the strengths and breadth of program faculty across the two campuses and in multiple departments.
Students at Bioengineering from University of California, San Francisco will:
- learn to bring the methods of cutting-edge engineering to bear on some of the most pressing problems in biology and medicine.
- gain knowledge in computational biology, bioinformatics, and genomics
- Biomedical Imaging and Instrumentation
- BioMEMS and Nanotechnology
- Drug Delivery Systems and Pharmacogenomics
- Neural Systems Engineering and Vision Science
- Systems and Synthetic Biology
- Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 51 other PhDs in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- The Online Application
- Emphasis of Specialty Area of Study (First and Second Choice)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- A Completed Recommendation Waiver Form (to be completed online)
- Unofficial Transcripts (submitted online)
- Conversion of GPA (for International Students Only)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Official Scores (for international students only)
- Application Fee
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Official Scores (optional)
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 60 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.