Through the University of The Bath PhD at University of Bath excellent world-wide research reputation, evidenced by the School's ranking in the last Research Excellence Framework (REF), we develop outstanding management scholars through a programme that:
- Provides a comprehensive taught training in management research methods
- Enables you to work closely with our international faculty on original scholarly research at the frontiers of management knowledge
- Actively encourages you to present and publish your research before you graduate
- Offers the possibility for you to gain both teaching training and some direct teaching experience
With these elements of the Bath PhD, your success in a career as a management researcher and educator is assured.
- The Bath PhD is an integral part of the research-led environment of the School of Management.
- The aim of the PhD is to provide a systematic training in management research for those seeking to pursue careers as professional management researchers and analysts. You will join the School as a member of a research division in which you initially have a broad research interest, and who will have overseen your acceptance into the School.
- Earning the Bath PhD usually takes three to four years. Starting in Autumn, you will begin to lay solid foundations for your professional career. There are two routes to obtain the Bath PhD: Through the Integrated PhD (1 year MRes + 3 years PhD) or through direct entry to the PhD. Applicants who have previously received Master-level systematic training in management research can apply for the PhD.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership Environmental Management View 14 other PhDs in Entrepreneurship in United Kingdom
- your personal details
- passport details if you need a Tier 4 visa
- intended start date
- your finance and funding plans
- education details
- proof of English level if English is not your first language
- details of your intended research and the name of your intended supervisor
- the names and contact details of your referees, including at least one from academia if you have recently been studying
- your supporting documents.
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4400 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.