The objectives of the doctoral program in Earth System Science from Stanford University are to enable students to develop the skills needed to conduct original investigations in environmental and Earth system sciences, to interpret the results, and to present the data and conclusions in a publishable manner.
- We also intend that our graduates obtain strong communication skills and leadership skills, with the ability to teach and communicate effectively with the public.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Topics in Earth System Science
- Climate Change: An Earth Systems Perspective
- Research Proposal Development and Delivery
- Data science for geoscience
- Uncertainty Quantification
- Applied Multivariate Analysis
- Modern Statistics for Modern Biology
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 31 other PhDs in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Electronic Stanford Graduate Application
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE and TOEFL Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Upload each transcript as a single pdf file. Do not upload an unofficial transcript printed from your university website. You must obtain an official transcript and make a scanned copy to upload to the application.
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.