Biophysics from University of California, Berkeley provides a broad range of available research labs to its students.
With regard to coursework, we advise our students to match their curricula of study to their individual backgrounds and research interests. As a testament to the success of the program, the students it attracts have been consistently of the highest caliber and many graduates hold positions in universities and research institutions in the United States, including here at Berkeley.
Students at Biophysics from University of California, Berkeley will:
- gain a wide range of scientific expertise, therefore students may also work with faculty who are outside of the group.
- receive the necessary formal training and research experience to develop a successful career,
- Structural Biophysics and Protein Dynamics
- Systems Neuroscience
- Molecular Microscopy and Optical Probes
- Cell Signaling and Cellular Physiology
- Computational Biology and Genomics
- Brain Imaging and Bioelectronics
- Comparative Biomechanics
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Biology Biochemistry View 110 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- TOEFL scores for international students
- A nonrefundable application fee
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two Essays
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 60 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.