- The Ph.D. degree is a research degree. Cornell's doctoral program is designed to be a small, high quality program that will encourage students' interests in academic work as well as prepare them for nonacademic job opportunities. Doctoral students focus on developing communication theory based on empirical social science research.
- Program graduates will be able to compete successfully for teaching and research positions at colleges and universities, work at consulting firms, or conduct research and contribute to policy in government and private organizations.
Concentrations by Subject:
- Human-computer Interaction
- Language And Communication
- Media Communication And Society
- Organizational Communication
- Science, Environment And Health Communication
- Social Psychology Communication
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Corporate Communication Digital Communication View 18 other PhDs in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 60 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.