- It is important to understand the processes and principles of the environment - embodied in Environmental Science - to deal with ecological issues, such as environmental degradation and resource depletion. Understanding will come from research on the problems themselves and on the basic science underlying the problems.
- The program at the The Ohio State University emphasizes basic research on ecological processes and effects, and applied research and teaching that will contribute to solving the world's pressing environmental problems.
- Ecological Engineering and Ecosystem Restoration
- Energy and Environmental Systems and Policy
- Energy Resources and Use
- Environment and Human Health
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Economics and Planning
- Environmental Education and Communication
- Environmental Policy and Law
- Environmental Toxicology
- Global Change and Biogeochemistry
- Landscape Ecology
- Physiological Ecology
- Soil Ecology
- Urban Ecosystems
- Waste Management
- Water and Wetland Resources
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 10 other PhDs in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential)
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40605 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40605 USD per year during 60 months.
National37238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37238 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12522 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans and scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.