Our department at the The Ohio State University offers both M.S. and Ph.D. degree programs in Food Science and Technology. Students may study:
- Food chemistry
- Food safety and microbiology
- Sensory science
- Functional foods for health
- Food safety engineering
- Advanced food processing technologies
- Food packaging
Our facilities consist of well-equipped laboratories and three pilot plants for meat, dairy, and fruit and vegetable processing. Alumni of the graduate program have gone on to have careers in academia, industry and government.
- Food Quality Assurance
- Food Laws and Regulations
- Food Plant Management
- Unit Operations in Food Processing
- Fruit and Vegetable Processing
- Dairy Processing
- Food Fermentations
- Food Packaging
- Measurement of Food Perception and Liking
- Food Microbiology Lecture
- Food Microbiology Lab
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 18 other PhDs in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential)
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40605 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40605 USD per year during 60 months.
National37396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37396 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12523 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12523 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans and scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.