- Students at the The Ohio State University also attain a thorough grounding in the literatures and histories of the cultures on which they choose to focus.
- Candidacy exams are tailored to reflect each student's chosen fields of expertise. For example, students who are interested in ancient Mediterranean religions have the possibility to enhance their degree with an Interdisciplinary Graduate Specialization "Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean" for which they will receive a certificate of completion.
- The Department of Classics is devoted to the study of the languages, literature, and cultures of Greece and Rome, focusing on Antiquity but including all periods from the Bronze Age to Modern Greece. This Greek and Latin study is important, as the origins of western and much Near Eastern literature, philosophy, art, religion, and social forms lay in the ancient world, making Greece and Rome vital contributors to ongoing discussions of "who we are" in a broader sense.
Ohio State's faculty members represent a variety of scholarly interests, spanning more than two millennia, and provide opportunities to study:
- Art History
- Byzantine And Medieval Studies
- Critical Theory
- Cultural Politics
- Myth And Religion
- Near Eastern Cultures
- Reception Theory
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 62 other PhDs in Languages in United States
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential)
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during 60 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans and scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.