These concentration areas include:
- Data Analytics and Optimization (MS only)
- Human Systems Integration (MS and PhD) - also known as human factors or ergonomics
- Integrated Lean Six Sigma (MS only)
- Manufacturing Processes (MS and PhD)
- Operations Research (MS and PhD)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (MS only)
- Business Logistics Engineering (MS only)
The Ohio State University College of Engineering’s graduate program is ranked first in Ohio and 16th among all public universities in U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 Best Graduate Schools issue. The Industrial and Systems Engineering programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
Several departments within the college also placed among the top programs in the nation. The Department of Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering maintained its rank at 11th among its peers. The Department of Integrated Systems Engineering placed 13th overall in the industrial/manufacturing specialty.
Other top 25 engineering programs at Ohio State include nuclear engineering (14), materials engineering (14), aerospace engineering (17), computer engineering (17), mechanical engineering (22) and electrical engineering (25). In the past two years, computer engineering has improved its standing by 12 places.
- Composites and nanocomposites manufacturing
- Forming of lightweight materials
- Light metal alloy development
- Light metal casting processes
- Micromachining and precision engineering
- Polymer processing
- Data analytics
- Logistics and supply chain analysis
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 10 other PhDs in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40605 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40605 USD per year during 60 months.
National37396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37396 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12679 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12679 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.