In addition to Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology, Cornell University offers graduate programs that cover the full spectrum of plant sciences. The Plant Pathology program is offered by Cornell University.
- Communicate effectively to professional and lay audiences through writing, speaking and graphics.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of core concepts in Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology taught in required courses and knowledge of their specialized area of study as defined by the requirements and expectations of each PPPMB program concentration and chosen minor subject areas.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethics and compliance responsibilities.
- Demonstrate teaching competence through TA, seminar and speaking experiences.
- Conduct original and publishable research in their field and concentration of study.
- Demonstrate an ability to think critically, apply scientific method, and manage resources allowing development of an independent research program
- Show evidence of development as a professional in the discipline.
The Field of Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology at Cornell offers graduate degree programs in plant pathology and the biology, genetics and evolution of fungi and oomycetes.
To reflect the diversity of academic interests and activities, the Field is organized into three program areas:
- Plant Pathology (including the concentrations Ecological and Environmental Plant Pathology and Plant Disease Epidemiology)
- Plant-Microbe Biology
- Fungal and Oomycete Biology
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgriculture Botany View 19 other PhDs in Agriculture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.