As we enter into this new era of genomics and molecular life science research, we are well on our way to training the next generation of researchers. Our PhD program in microbiology offers an individualized approach to graduate study in one of the nation's largest teaching and research institutions. You will actively participate in planning your graduate program while working with colleagues from around the world. The Microbiology programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
The Department of Microbiology has a rich history and long tradition of training world-class scientists. As we enter into this new era of genomics and molecular life science research we are well on our way to training the next generation of researchers. If you have not already done so, please visit the other areas of our web page; you will see that we have recently added several new faculty members; Our facilities are also growing. In addition to our fermentation facility, the Plant-Microbe Genomics Facility provides high-throughput DNA sequencing, DNA array, proteomics, and surface plasmon resonance services.
Research Topics include:
- Bacteriophage Ecology
- Detection of other microbial species and the host environment by Salmonella
- Biochemistry of central carbon metabolism
- Editing and Modification of tRNA: Roles in Mitochondrial Biogenesis and Disease
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology View 40 other PhDs in Microbiology in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.