At Romance Languages and Literatures with Emphasis in Spanish from University of California, Berkeley students should become thoroughly acquainted with both degree programs (HLL and RLL) and determine which program best reflects their objectives. Any questions concerning the two degree programs should be directed to the staff Graduate Adviser before applying.
The Ph.D. in Romance Languages and Literatures (RLL) is a doctorate in three Romance languages and literatures taught in the Departments of French, Italian Studies, and Spanish and Portuguese, prepared with emphasis in one of the three. Students may opt for either a literature track or a linguistic track
Students at Romance Languages and Literatures with Emphasis in Spanish from University of California, Berkeley will:
- take a multilingual approach to language and literature.
- combine literary and linguistic study.
- take jobs in Romance language departments, single language departments, or linguistics departments.
- Linguistic History of Romance Languages
- Comparative Studies in Romance Literatures and Culture
- GRE (general test)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation.
- Writing Sample
- Graduate Student Instructor Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Application Fee
- Personal Statement
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 72 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 72 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.