You have the opportunity to contribute to the profession of nursing as a scientist and scholar during an exciting time in the history of the profession, and a time of great need for your expertise. The Nursing programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
Nurses provide care and services to improve the health of individuals and populations. The PhD program in the College of Nursing supports this goal by preparing nurse scientists who can advance the knowledge base for nursing practice through research and scholarly activities.
The focus of the PhD program at the College of Nursing is the examination of the broad determinants of health and disease in individuals, families and communities, with the intent to develop and test interventions to improve health. Consistent with the biopsychosocial focus of our discipline and growing national emphasis on interdisciplinary research and translational health science, special attention is given to the interactions among mind, body and environments through interdisciplinary research studies.
- Leadership for Nurse Scientists
- Scientific Underpinnings of Nursing Science
- Scientific Communication
- Research methods
- A two course series of statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 164 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International43406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43406 USD per year during 48 months.
National37540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37540 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12824 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12824 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.