We have focused on optometric education and vision research for more than 100 years and our program prepares smart, motivated students for a fulfilling career. The Optometry - Doctor of Optometry programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
At The Ohio State University College of Optometry, you will be among the best and brightest students learning from the best and brightest faculty. You will:
- Begin patient care in the first year, directly examine 1,800+ patients by the time you graduate; and see additional patients through school screenings, case reviews, grand rounds, and Eyewear Gallery appointments;
- Deliver eyecare in all primary and sub-specialty areas in our college's full range of clinical services including: Primary Vision Care, Binocular Vision and Pediatrics, Advanced Ocular Care, Contact Lenses (Adult and Pediatric), Low Vision Rehabilitation, Eyewear Gallery, and Vision Therapy;
- Be well prepared to pass your national board exams on your first attempt; and
- Learn how to run a successful optometric practice with the most comprehensive series of business management courses, ranging from personal finance to the development of a complete business plan.
The professional optometric degree program at the Ohio State University College of Optometry holds the status of “Accredited” from the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE).
- Biochemistry for Optometry
- General and Histological Anatomy
- Geometric Optics
- Introduction to Primary Care Testing
- Ocular Anatomy
- Optometric Career Options and Financing
- Practice of Optometry
- Anterior Segment Ocular Disease
- Basic and Ocular Pharmacology
- Ocular Care Techniques
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 79 other PhDs in Human Medicine in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International53405 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53405 USD per year during 48 months.
National50038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50038 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State28982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28982 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.