The major focus of the program is laboratory-based education in conducting research. Students of the program learn to develop a hypothesis, design logically consistent research protocol, collect and analyze scientific data, and explain scientific findings. Students are educated to understand current and classic scientific facts and principles that, in the broadest sense, relate to the dental and craniofacial region. The program also teaches students how to choose and study significant scientific problems using modern scientific approaches.
The oral biology curriculum ranges from basic cell biology to system biology to biomaterials. All students are expected to be versed in the basics of cell function.
Graduates of this program will be prepared for research and teaching careers in either a university or non-academic setting. The Oral Biology program is offered by The Ohio State University.
- Intermediate Data Analysis
- Current Issues in Biology
- Professional and Ethical Issues in Biomedical Sciences
- Oral Biology Laboratory Rotations.
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during 60 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.