Areas of strength in the department include: philosophy of mathematics and logic, logic, history of modern philosophy, history of analytic philosophy, ethics and metaethics, moral psychology and action theory, philosophy of mind and cognitive science, philosophy of science, philosophy of language, epistemology, and metaphysics.
In addition, the Department of Philosophy is supportive of collaborative work involving other departments and has historically had particularly strong connections with the Departments of Linguistics, Mathematics, Political Science, Psychology, and the Center for Cognitive and Brain Sciences. The Philosophy program is offered by The Ohio State University.
- Ancient Philosophy: Aristotle
- Ancient Philosophy: Studies in Ancient Philosophy
- Studies in 17th-Century Philosophy
- Studies in 18th Century Philosophy: Kant
- Cognitive Science
- Philosophical Topics in Feminist Theory
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 17 other PhDs in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during 60 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.