The College of Public Health at The Ohio State University is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), the nationally recognized accrediting body for schools of public health. Additionally, the Master of Health Administration program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), the primary accrediting agency for health management education. The Public Health program is offered by The Ohio State University.
Born out of the Department of Medicine in 1914, we grew throughout the years, becoming an independent college in 2007. The College of Public Health is organized by divisions and centers to develop and improve our successful programs in teaching and learning, research and outreach and engagement. Our divisions and centers change over time as needs and opportunities arise.
The PhD in Public Health can be pursued in any of the following areas within the College of Public Health:
- Interdisciplinary PhD Program in Biostatistics
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Health Behavior and Health Promotion
- Health Services Management and Policy
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 154 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.