The College requires two semester hours of formal practice placement experience (practicum) for all students in the MPH degree program. Students should be active participants in the arrangement for the practicum. The Office of Academic Programs and Student Services assists students in locating appropriate field sites and provides support throughout the experience. Students are encouraged to consult with their advisors and other CPH faculty. The Public Health (MPH) - Master of Public Health program is offered by The Ohio State University.
The culminating experience is intended to provide the opportunity for students to address a public health question or issue of their interest that draws from their academic experience. It provides students with the opportunity to apply, integrate, and synthesize knowledge and experience obtained during their academic course of study to a question or problem of public health relevance. In some cases the culminating project idea or opportunity may evolve from the student’s practice placement experience.
The curriculum for the traditional MPH consists of a minimum of 45-48 credits organized into five curricular domains:
- Core courses in areas of knowledge basic to public health
- Courses required for a specialization
- Elective courses approved for the specialization
- Culminating project
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 154 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International41339 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41339 USD per year
National37972 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37972 USD per year
In-State13256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13256 USD per year
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.