Significant need exists at the national and international levels for skilled scientists who are trained in modern translational research methods to apply advances in medicine to improve animal and human health. The Veterinary Medicine program is offered by The Ohio State University.
Recognizing the commonality between human and animal medicine, translational research at the College of Veterinary Medicine is at the forefront of advancing discoveries in basic research that can be taken from the field or clinic, the laboratory bench and applied to the patient's bedside and to the population as a whole.
- Upon graduation from our program, students will have gained an understanding of hypothesis-based research and the training necessary to pursue a variety of careers in academia, government, and industry.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine View 9 other PhDs in Veterinary Medicine in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during 48 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.