Biomedical engineering is a discipline that integrates the engineering sciences with biology and medicine. The field of biomedical engineering has seen a dramatic escalation in activity over the past 20 years leading to the development of a wide variety of medical devices, medical procedures, and a basic understanding of biological processes.
The strength of the Biomedical Engineering program from The University of Arizona is derived from the breadth of research activities among our interdisciplinary faculty. Faculty from numerous departments within the Colleges of Medicine, Engineering, and Arts & Sciences participate in this interdisciplinary graduate program. The major research areas are Biomedical Imaging and Spectroscopy, Bioinoformatics, Bioinstrumentation and Devices, Biomaterals and Tissue Engineering, Biomechanics, Biosensors, Cardiovascular Biomedical Engineering, Neuroengineering, Nanomedicine, and all inbetween.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology for Biomedical Engineering
- Physiology for Biomedical Engineering
- Measurement and Data Analysis in Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Imaging
- Contrast Agents, Molecular Imaging, and Kinetics (Spring)
- Biological and Synthetic Materials
- Biomechanical Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 197 other PhDs in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- GRE scores are NOT required.
- A 1-2 page essay or statement of purpose describing your background, research interests and career goals. Include in your statement any information pertinent to your research experience, whether in course work, special projects or employment.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation from former professors or individuals knowledgeable about your academic and scientific abilities. Students can submit/request additional letters of recommendation, if desired. Letters of recommendation should be uploaded via the Grad App portal.
- For initial application, Unofficial College transcripts required. If accepted into program, Official Transcripts will be required prior to matriculation. Applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, or quantitative life sciences for admission into the program, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (recommended 3.3).
- CV/Resume document/PDF uploaded.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 48 months.
National34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.