- The Cellular, Molecular and Biomedical Studies program presents students with a unique opportunity to obtain rigorous training in an individualized environment.
- The program is composed of faculty from each of the basic science departments at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- Molecular Genetics
- Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Statistics for the Basic Sciences
- Responsible Conduct of Research and Related Policy Issues
- Mechanisms of Human Disease
- Molecular Biophysics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Molecular Sciences View 189 other PhDs in Biology in United States
- Only candidates for the PhD degree will be admitted.
- One full year each of general chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, physics, biology, and calculus. Admission may be granted in exceptional cases to applicants who have not fulfilled all of these requirements. In such cases, the deficiencies are remedied after admission by adding appropriate courses to the curriculum.
- The General GRE is required. One subject test in either biochemistry, biology, cell and molecular biology, chemistry, physics, or mathematics is recommended.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.