Students conduct research on a diverse range of projects due to multidisciplinary strengths, including nanotechnology, drug delivery, cancer detection/treatment, renewable energy, clean semiconductor manufacturing, water treatment and reuse, atmospheric chemistry and physics, life cycle assessment, electrochemistry, and applied quantum chemistry.
There are especially strong interdisciplinary links to the Chemical Engineering program, which has long-standing strengths in water and wastewater treatment science and technology as well as technology transfer, hazardous waste treatment, development of environmentally-friendly technologies for industry, and air quality research. This department’s environmental research contributes to the UA being one of the top ranked world programs in environmental science research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Engineering Analysis
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Transport Phenomena
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Water Chemistry for Engineers
- Electrochemical Engineering
- Sustainable Water Supplies for Remote Communities
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering View 27 other PhDs in Chemical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- GRE scores are NOT required
- Statement of purpose—indicating the academic and professional goals you hope to achieve in pursuit of this program of study.
- Unofficial electronic copies of transcripts from previous academic work. Official Transcripts will be required prior to matriculation.
- Resume—publications and time spent in a research lab make a much stronger application.
- For international applicants, official scores from TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, CEFR or other accepted English Proficiency exam. See below for exemptions to this requirement.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.