Chemical Physics at Columbia University has played a major role in the development of the study of chemistry in the US. Until World War II, Columbia University dominated the academic scene by numbers, graduating more PhDs and staffing more academic posts in chemistry than any other US university.
Students at Chemical Physics at Columbia University will gain:
- broad knowledge of general chemistry
- broad knowledge of general physics
- Quantum Chemistry
- Statistical Mechanics
- Molecular Modeling
- Special Topics in Physical Chemistry
- Interfaces and Condensed Phases
- Intermediate Statistical Mechanics
- Advanced Statistical Mechanics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Columbia does not offer a free-standing program in Chemical Physics leading to the MA only; therefore, the subcommittee will consider applications only from prospective graduate students who intend to pursue a PhD degree.
- one transcript showing courses and grades per school attended
- a statement of academic purpose
- three letters of evaluation from academic sources
International27360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13680 USD per semester during 36 months.
National27360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13680 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.