We welcome applications for PhD research from all suitably qualified students from many backgrounds. The Psychoanalytic Studies programme is offered by the Goldsmiths, University of London.
This might mean that your previous educational and research background may be in fields such as the arts, film and theatre, literature, history or clinical psychotherapeutic or medical practice.
Students may be supervised jointly by a departmental academic and one from a further discipline if the subject requires.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Current and past research topics involve:
- the relationship between psychotherapy and time
- the use of mindfulness in combination with psychodynamic techniques with obsessional patients
- the 'bride in white'
- the contemporary status of Freud’s classical theories.
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 86 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- Contact details of a second referee
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- If available, an electronic copy of your educational transcript
- Details of your research proposal
International14760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14760 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4407 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.