The MPhil/PhD programme in Religious Studies is part of the internationally renowned Faiths & Civil Society Unit, where an annual series of public seminars attracts speakers and delegates from all over the world, and a permanent group of 12 Fellows resources the Unit with ideas and connections straight in to the worlds of policy and practice. The Religious Studies programme is offered by the Goldsmiths, University of London.
Much of the work of a PhD is organised through one-to-one supervisory sessions. You will also be able to participate in a range of methods training courses in both quantitative and qualitative methods, which will introduce you to the tools of the trade as well as innovative advanced methods.
These methods training courses are designed to help you with your MPhil/PhD study but also to help you become a full and capable social researcher equipped with the range of advanced methods skills that we are able to offer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Supervision is available for studies with a focus on any aspect of religion, belief and spirituality in the contemporary world, especially as studied interdisciplinarily, though including a focus on theology and/or religious studies, and/or the study of religion sociologically.
- A particular specialism which is distinctive to Goldsmiths is the connection between religion and belief and social and public policy. Engagement between faith and the public professions (social work, teaching, youth work, health, community work) is another distinctive area of expertise and applications in these areas are particularly welcome.
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 27 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- Contact details of a second referee
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- If available, an electronic copy of your educational transcript
- Details of your research proposal
International14760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14760 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4407 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.