During the Engineering degree at University of Auckland you will have opportunities to expand and develop your personal, professional and academic skills. Our doctoral candidates present their work at local and international conferences, and are encouraged to network and collaborate with a wide range of experts in their research field.
Our PhD graduates are successful in a wide range of fields and careers, as well as the traditional academic research career path. The PhD gives you extensive specialist and transferable skills, which are sought after in many sectors, including industry and government, and can even help you to develop entrepreneurship skills to run your own start up.
With focused development opportunities available throughout your PhD study, and dedicated postgraduate career advice, we can help you to explore and meet your own career goals, no matter what direction you take.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- By the end of your first year, you must meet a number of goals to be confirmed into the PhD programme, including developing a full thesis proposal.
- After confirmation, you will continue to work on your research before submitting your thesis for examination after three years and within four years of your start date. The examination process includes an oral exam.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Meeting our academic requirements does not guarantee entry.
- You must demonstrate an ability to research independently, and possess a high level of theoretical understanding. Acceptance is subject to staff availability for supervision, and appropriate resources and facilities.
- You must write an initial statement of research intent to demonstrate your research capability and experience.
- All students must meet our English-language requirements as a condition of entry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4883 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4883 USD per year during 36 months.
National4883 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4883 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.