- The PhD in Chemical Engineering program at the New York University prepares you to fulfill that role. Our curriculum offers an advanced course of study to refine your research skills, and we teach you the problem-solving skills to surmount any problem along the way.
- Our PhD program in Chemical Engineering is designed to outfit you with expert knowledge of the field’s core fundamentals as well as the latest research in its subtopics. By doing so, we further your specialization beyond a master’s degree, helping you achieve superior competence in a minor topic within chemical engineering.
New York University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Applied Mathematics in Engineering
- Transport Phenomena
- Chemical Laboratory Safety
- Seminar in Chemical & Biology Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 148 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Application (online only)
- Application Fee of $75 (payable by major credit card only)
- Statement of Purpose / Personal Statement
- Résumé / Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- One official transcript from each institution attended or attending (see specific requirements below)
- GRE / GMAT (see specific requirements below)
- English Language Proficiency Testing (see specific requirements below)
- Financial Documentation
International59334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1798 USD per credit during 24 months.
National59334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1798 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
The cost of a college education is a matter of concern for many students and their families. Regardless of your family's financial circumstances, paying for college will probably require a substantial commitment of your resources over the next several years. It may surprise you to learn that most full-time undergraduate students at New York University would not be able to pay their educational costs without financial assistance. These students are able to attend NYU only because they applied for and received financial aid.
While we believe that the primary responsibility for meeting college costs rests with the student and the family, New York University as well as the state and federal governments can help. Although NYU is not able to meet the full need of every student, by combining the various types of funds available we use every method possible to coordinate adequate resources to enable you to invest in a higher education at NYU.
If you believe you will need any amount of financial assistance to attend NYU, we strongly encourage you to apply for financial aid immediately.
A financial aid package at NYU takes into account both financial need and academic merit. Although merit-based scholarships are available, NYU is committed to using the vast majority of its scholarship funds to assist students whose families are unable to pay the full cost of an NYU education. All students are automatically considered, and there is no separate application necessary for NYU scholarships.
A financial aid package at NYU may suggest several types of loans for which a student is eligible, based on certain criteria (such as anticipated points/credits, housing status, financial need, etc.) and, for campus-administered loans, the availability of funds.
Some federal loan programs, such as the Perkins Loan, Health Professions Student Loan, and Nursing Loan, allocate limited funds to New York University for campus-based disbursement and administration of the loans. NYU will require you to complete a promissory note to ensure appropriate loan disbursement and corresponding credit on your Bursar bill. You should carefully read the instructions and complete the signing process onNYU Albert. You will not receive credit on your bursar's bill if you do not sign your promissory note.
Other federal loans are secured and disbursed to the student in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Education. Your award package may include information about a "suggested loan." This means that you are eligible for the type and amount of loan specified, based upon the information we have about you at the time the award is offered. It does not mean you will automatically receive the loan, but rather informs you of your current eligibility and how to apply. The suggested loan amount in your award package is the maximum you are eligible for and is the amount that NYU has certified for you. If you wish to borrow an amount lower than suggested, pleasecontact the Office of Financial Aidfor instructions.
A variety of additional,private (non-federal) alternative loansare also available from individual lending institutions.
Please think carefully about your obligations as a borrower before pursuing any educational loan. Consider your educational investment at NYU, as well as your long-term financial commitments when borrowing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.